A number of bus transfers have been organised to service Lorne Infection and Immunity 2020 Conference delegates. Places on these buses can be reserved during the online registration process in the add ons section.
Pick up points
Royal Parade Parkville: As close as possible to the front of WEHI. As traffic and parking is difficult the bus may not be exaclty outside WEHI.
Melbourne Tullamarine Airport: Passengers should meet in the Groups and Charters Bus Zone opposite International Terminal (T2), ensuring they have boarded the bus no later than 9:15am. The bus will depart promptly at 9:30am.
Bus Transfer to Lorne
|From Royal Parade to Lorne||19 February 2020 @ 9:00am||$40.00||From Tullamarine (Melb) Airport to Lorne||19 February 2020 @ 9:30am||$40.00|
Bus Transfer from Lorne
|From Lorne to Royal Parade via Tullamarine
|21 February 2020 @ 2:00pm||$40.00|
Getting there by Public Transport
1) Once arriving into Melbourne Airport, take the Skybus to Southern Cross Station. The Skybus departs from Melbourne Airport every 10 minutes and it is an approximate 30 minute journey. Tickets for Skybus can be pre purchased or purchased on arrival, for more information visit http://www.skybus.com.au/.
2) From Southern Cross Station, take a VLine train to Geelong. Visit http://www.vline.com.au for timetable information.
3) From Geelong Railway Station, take VLine Coach to Lorne. The bus will then drop off just outside Mantra Lorne. Please visit https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/journey/ for timetable information.
1) Gull Airport Service provides a bus from Melbourne Airport to Geelong with regular bus services. For timetable information (as vary on different days) please visit http://www.gull.com.au/?id=melbourneairport_1
Pick up information from Melbourne Airport can be found at http://www.gull.com.au/?id=melbourneairport
2) The service drops off at Geelong Railway Station. From Geelong Railway Station, take VLine Coach to Lorne. The bus will then drop off just outside Mantra Lorne. Please visit https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/journey/ for timetable information.
Taxis are another option from Melbourne Airport to Lorne. This is an expensive option with an approximate cost of $300. There is a taxi rank outside Terminals 1, 2 and 3.
Melbourne Airport has six car rental companies located on site. All have offices on the ground floor of the short term car park, and information desks in the Melbourne Airport domestic terminals. Please visit http://www.melbourneairport.com.au/To-From-the-Airport/Rental-Cars/Overview.htmlfor further information. Each accommodation room at Mantra Lorne offers one car parking spot.